The complete sea transport from the port of Rotterdam and Antwerp to a destination of your choice and the customs formalities are organized by Global Logistics & Forwarding B.V. By leveraging our global network and long-standing carrier relationships, Global Logistics & Forwarding B.V. brings you flexible, reliable ocean transport solutions built around operational excellence.
We take the time to understand your business and then work with you to develop customized transportation solutions, from finding the best schedule for shipments to securing competitive rates. Whether you need to split or share loads or link with other services – such as transport by air, multimodal transport, cross-border services, or customs house brokerage services – we always go above and beyond to help you find the solutions you need.
What do I need to consider when moving by sea?
At Global Logistics & Forwarding B.V. you also have the possibility to share a sea container with other shipments, this is called Groupage Transport. When several people have the same port destination for shipping items, these items can be placed in the same sea container and sail out to your new destination. The advantage of this is that in addition to cheaper sea transport, you also share these costs with others based on the volume that you are
sending, so twice as cheap!
Below you will find a number of points of attention for moving by sea container. There are certain things you need to take into account when using our sea shipments.
- You can choose to pack and/or load the goods yourself or have us do it for you. If you do it yourself, we will send you detailed instructions and tips on how to pack the goods and how to document them.
- We can provide you with an estimate of the transit time based on previous experience.
- As soon as the booking is confirmed with a shipping company we receive a ”Bill of Lading number” and with that you can follow the container via Track & Trace.
- Shipping liquids via a sea container is not recommended. Bottles of liquids can easily leak and the insurance will not cover any damage caused by this.
- Inside a container it can easily get 50 degrees Celsius or even warmer, keep this in mind when choosing the goods you want to ship!
Over land, over sea and in the air
With transport by sea you do not only have to think about transport to cities and countries that are close to the sea or ocean. A combination of sea, air and train or truck transport is certainly possible as well and Global Logistics & Forwarding B.V. will organize it for you.
So you can simply move internationally, for example from the Netherlands to the desert city of Las Vegas.
Everything is possible with Global Logistics & Forwarding B.V.! If you have any questions about sea freight, please feel free to contact us. Or request a price indication via our quotation form.